Aluminum Blinds In New York City
Aluminum blinds are a staple of modern New York City furnishing, and for good reason. Clean, crisp, and classic, they fit into the decor of any bedroom, office, or other room with ease. If you want a guaranteed good-looking yet functional set of window furnishings, aluminum window blinds are a perfect choice.
What are Aluminum Window Blinds?
Aluminum window blinds are typically Venetian blinds, one of the most popular New York City home additions since their popularization in the early twentieth century. This style consists of a series of thin slats which can turn upwards to let in the desired amount of light, and can be raised and lowered by pulling a cord. When lowered, they either cover the window to prevent light coming through or are turned to allow light to come in between the slats. When raised, the slats nest together to disappear into the top of the window.
Aluminum blinds present an attractive modern style, yet are some of the most functional blinds on the market. They are highly adjustable, perform well at insulating, and are both affordable and durable, making them one of the best value styles of blinds on the market.
The Advantages of Choosing Aluminum Window Covers
- Efficiency: Aluminum window covers are fantastic insulators. Instead of absorbing and moving heat around, they reflect the energy of the sun, keeping your home cool in the summertime. And in the winter, they keep heat from exiting through your window, the most common source of home energy loss.
- Affordability: Cost is an important consideration when choosing home furnishings. Thanks to their straightforward construction, aluminum window blinds are some of the most cost-effective home furnishing options around. Plus, with the energy costs saved, over time the blinds could even pay for themselves. This value comes from the relatively straightforward production of the blinds and the simple installation in any window.
- Durability: Durability is one of the most unique factors of aluminum blinds. Unlike other types of blinds, aluminum is resilient. It bends instead of breaking, and it’s hard to damage. Even if they’re damaged, it’s easy to repair one or several slats in a set of aluminum blinds. One set is all it takes to guarantee years of easy control over your home’s lighting and decor.
- Range of options: Today there are an amazing array of options for aluminum window blinds. The individual slats range in size from about a half inch to two inches, and you can find sets to fit any window. In addition, aluminum blinds come in a rainbow of color options, perfect to fit any interior decor.
- Ease of use: Aluminum window covers combine simple elegance with high functionality. Letting the sun in or keeping the room dark is as simple as twisting a rod, and raising or lowering the blinds is a quick pull of a cord. Unlike some wooden or cloth blinds, aluminum blinds are simple to reposition, either by hand or by remote-controlled motor. They’re also easy to clean: aluminum blinds just take seconds to wipe down for dust.
- Modern style: While more traditional materials can certainly be attractive, aluminum window covers are the right choice for a more modern style. Their simple style is perfect for a clean, minimalist atmosphere, but their range of options makes them seamless additions to any interior.
Other Aluminum Blinds, Shades & Curtains Offered at The Blinds Source
Why Choose Aluminum Window Covers For Your New York City Home?
Aluminum blinds are one of the most practical decisions that a homeowner or decorator can make. They’re simple, modern, and one of the best values for any home furnishing. With their ease of use and durability, this simple addition can be one of the highlights of your home for years to come.
Whatever your priorities for your home, whether functionality, cost and efficiency, or style, aluminum blinds can fit perfectly into your plan. If you live in New York City or the surrounding area, give us a call to find the perfect aluminum blinds for your home.