About Honeycomb Shades
Honeycomb shades are one of the most practical styles of window treatment, yet are also some of the most unique and visually striking styles available today. Their unique nature-inspired look adds a real texture to any room, and their variety of styles and options makes them one of the best options for window dressings on the market.
What are Honeycomb Window Shades?
Honeycomb shades are made of hexagonal tubes of fabric that resemble the natural honeycomb colorsshades. When they are fully opened, they look just like a real honeycomb. Then when the shades are closed and collapsed, they turn into flat pleats. This type of construction creates a highly unique, textured look and feel that not many other types of window treatments have. The depth of these shades creates both a striking physical and visual effect. And the air inside of each honeycomb-style cell creates an unsurpassed insulating effect.
What are the benefits of Honeycomb Cellular Shades?
- Insulation. Cellular honeycomb shades are some of the best insulation on the market. Windows are a source of significant heat loss in the winter and A/C loss in the summer. But thanks to the unique construction of honeycomb window shades, they trap a large amount of air in each cell and have more surface area than just about any other window treatment style. That means that between the air and the large amount of fabric, it’s more difficult for the outside environment to affect the temperature inside. In colder climates in particular, cellular honeycomb shades can bring real savings to a home, and over time pay for themselves in savings.
- Noise cancellation. Similar to their effect on temperature, honeycomb window shades can be very helpful in managing and cancelling noise. Due to the air barrier and double layer of fabric, honeycomb shades act as a natural muffler and noise barrier. If you live in a busy part of town or right by a highway, or even if the nighttime sounds of animals and neighbors bother you, honeycomb shades can be the perfect solution you’ve been looking for. They can create a space for peace and quiet that rivals the most isolated country home.
- Visual appeal. Honeycomb cellular shades are a striking and unique window treatment. Their cellular, hexagonal shape is unlike any other kind of blind, shade, or drape. The unique texture of the shades, both when they’re raised and when they’re lowered, brings depth and variety to a room.
- Light weight. Unlike other textured window treatments, cellular honeycomb shades are very lightweight. They are typically made of a thin fabric or synthetic material, yet are still strong and highly resilient. That makes them easy to adjust or move, and is convenient when moving.
- Color and style. One benefit of honeycomb window shades is that they come in many different colors, shapes, and styles. Honeycomb cellular shades come in different thicknesses and cell sizes, which means they can be made to look proportional to windows large and small. In addition, The Blinds Source offers cellular honeycomb shades in both vertical and horizontal styles, meaning they can cover both regular windows and floor-to-ceiling windows or sliding doors with ease.
Are Cellular Honeycomb Shades the Right Fit for my Home?
Honeycomb shades can be the right fit for any home in any of New York City’s seasons. With The Blinds Source’s satisfaction guarantee and free installation, you can try honeycomb window shades and see how they’re right for your home. They can keep any home insulated and quiet, as well as add a beautiful, unique physical texture to any room. Their ease of use and variety of styles and colors make them one of the finest window treatments on the market today. If you have questions regarding which shades would fit best in your home, don’t hesitate to contact us here.